Wire-Free Security Camera Systems from Lorex are the perfect hassle-free system designed for quick installation and efficient monitoring. This system comes with battery operated security cameras and a security grade DVR (Digital Video Recorder) with a 1TB hard drive. This ability to store recordings locally provides personal safety and no additional monthly fees for cloud storage. The DVR also gives you easy smartphone access to live or recorded footage from wherever you are. Coupled with wire-free cameras that include professional motion detection, 1080p HD video resolution, two-way talk, infrared night vision, and a weatherproof IP66 rating, this system has you covered day and night, no matter what the elements have in store.
If you want to avoid the tedious process of running cables all over your property or spending money on a professional installation, then this system is for you. The cameras are completely wire-free which means they don’t need a cable to power them or connect them to the DVR. Simply attach the metal mount to a solid surface, secure the cameras, sit back and relax. You can set up the whole system in less than an hour.
Long Distance Wireless Range
These wire-free cameras have a powerful long-range signal and can be installed up to 450ft away from the receiver (with a clear line-of-sight). That means you can place the cameras wherever you need them the most without compromising your safety. These cameras use adaptive DSSS (Direct-Sequence Spread Spectrum) technology to reduce the amount of interference that comes from neighbouring Wi-Fi or mobile signals. This type of signal also secures your system as it generates a channel hopping sequence created by the receiver that only the camera can follow through the “pairing” function.
Hybrid Wireless / Wired Capability
This wire-free camera is completely cable free. In short, it’s motion-triggered (that is, it only wakes up when motion is detected and goes back to stand-by mode when there is no motion) to save and lengthen its battery life. But if you desire so, this camera can also be converted into a 24/7 wireless camera by plugging it directly into a power source.
Secure Local Storage
The security grade hard drive included in the DVR can store 1TB of data. This is plenty of space to store your motion recordings for months, if not years.
No Monthly Fees
There are no hidden fees after purchase with this wire-free system. The security grade hard drive has more than enough space to store your video footage, so there’s no need to spend extra money on monthly cloud storage. The Lorex Cirrus app is also free of charge.
If desired, you can open up the DVR and replace the included 1TB hard drive with a larger one (up to 8TB max). A 8TB hard drive will essentially provide you with limitless storage if only recording motion events. An upgrade to the hard drive will also be very helpful if you plan on using any cameras as 24/7 wireless camera (plugged in).
The wireless receiver that is used to connect your wire-free cameras to your DVR is fully weatherproof. This means that you can run the USB cable from your DVR to install it on the side of your house for even better outdoor wireless reception.
2 Ways to Extend Your Wireless Range
Omni-directional wireless range extender antenna
Use this 2.4 GHz Omni-Directional Antenna to boost your wireless signal in all directions. One can be used on the camera itself, and two on the receiver.
Directional wireless range extender antenna
Use this 2.4GHz Directional Wireless Panel Antenna to focus a wireless signal in a specific direction. Use up to three range extenders (2 per receiver, 1 per camera).
Vivid 1080p HD detail ensures you capture the details you need
The built-in microphone will provide users with additional information
An on-board speaker allows users to communicate through the camera
1080p HD Video Resolution
For protecting the things that matter most, having a security camera with 1080p HD resolution is vital. With HD clarity and sharpness, you won’t have to worry about missing crucial details if an incident happens to occur on your property.
Thermo-Sense Motion Detection
Wire-free cameras use a passive infrared (PIR) sensor to detect motion. Located just under the lens, this sensor detects heat from moving objects such as people, animals or vehicles and not inanimate things like blowing trees. So the moment something that emits a lot of heat energy moves into the frame, the sensor will detect the temperature difference and start recording.
Long Lasting Lithium Ion Battery
The lithium ion batteries in the camera’s power pack are designed for long-lasting usage so don’t have to recharge them all the time. They have a high energy density and a discharge rate that is much lower than other non-lithium ion rechargeable batteries. The batteries maintain 85% of their capacity after one year due to their gradual self-discharge rate. Like the actual cameras themselves, the batteries can also withstand extreme weather conditions ranging from -4 °F to 122 °F (-20 °C to 50 °C), which makes them extremely reliable throughout the seasons. There is no need to prime these batteries before use either as they have no memory effect, so you can recharge them without having to completely deplete their energy.
How long will a battery Power Pack last for?
The battery life of this Power Pack is dependent on how often the security camera turns on. This means that the battery life will be significantly less if the camera is in a high traffic area full of motion activity or much longer if it is in a very low traffic area. The period of time that the camera remains recording after the camera senses motion will also impact how long a Power Pack will last. The 2-cell Power Pack is the same battery that is included with every wire-free camera. The 3-cell Power Pack Plus is available for purchase separately.
- Estimates provided are for 20°C / 68°F
- Battery consumption varies on temperature
- Darker environments may reduce battery life up to 50%
- Colder climates may reduce battery life up to 50%
- We recommend to not install cameras close to tree’s to increase battery life (falling leaves increase potential events)
- We recommend to not install camera’s facing high traffic streets or paths in order to increase battery life
Long Distance Night Vision
Darkness can give potential intruders extra confidence. You want a security system that protects you at all hours of the day, which is why infrared night vision is an essential feature. The cameras come equipped with powerful infrared LED lights to make sure any footage captured at night is crisp and clear. Expect a well-defined night vision range of up to 65ft in total darkness.
Wire-free cameras have an IP66 waterproof rating. This means that they can withstand extreme weather conditions, such as torrential downpours and snowstorms. They are also capable of operating in temperatures ranging from -4 °F to 122 °F (-20 °C to 50 °C). So no matter where you live, the weather won’t interfere with your camera’s performance.
Vandal-Resistant Metal Exteriors
Lorex wire-free cameras are highly vandal-resistant. Their housings are made from alloy with a high degree of resistance to corrosion. Built to last, the camera is designed to absorb shocks from high-intensity impacts, both man-made and natural.
Ultra-Wide Angle Lens
Equipped with ultra-wide angle lenses, wire-free cameras are designed for outdoor monitoring, such as doorways, the front of your house, vast backyards or large areas within the house or property. With its massive 140° field of view, these wire-free cameras can cover large areas of your property that an ordinary camera cannot otherwise accomplish.
Compatible with Solar Panel
Your wire-free security cameras can be used with our solar panel to power your camera and prolong the battery life. Fully weatherproof, this solar panel can be installed alongside the camera using the existing camera screw holes or in a completely separate location. Wherever you decide to place the solar panel, it’s important to choose a location with plenty of direct sunlight and not in a covered or shaded area.
Lorex Cirrus Mobile App
Keep tabs on all of your wire-free security cameras from virtually anywhere in the world with the Lorex Cirrus app. Using this app, you can quickly view live and recorded video through a connected tablet or smartphone.
Quickly review past motion events using the easy-to-use event timeline feature. Simply choose a date and scroll to the highlighted lines that indicate that a motion event was recorded.
Audio Recording and Two-Way Talk
Wire-free security cameras include both a built-in microphone and speaker. First and foremost, the microphone will provide you with additional information (and evidence, if needed) to your security. At the same time, this microphone will allow people on the other end to communicate through the camera. Then, thanks to the on-board speaker, you can use the Lorex Cirrus app to simply speak into the phone to communicate with them. This is perfect for mail delivery or checking in on loved ones.
Don’t be left in the dark when it comes to your safety. The Lorex Cirrus app will keep you informed of any type of activity with motion-activated push notifications. Now you can have some peace of mind knowing you can check up on the kids after school, or make sure that package you were expecting has arrived. With alerts being sent directly to your smartphone or tablet you will have plenty of time to notify the authorities if something suspicious is happening on your property.
Low Battery Warnings
When a camera’s battery reaches 20%, a low battery notification will be sent directly to your tablet or smartphone via the Lorex Cirrus app. That way, you won’t have to worry about checking the cameras manually or having the batteries run out without you knowing. On top of that, you can always monitor battery life at any time through the app.
3 Users at one time
The Lorex Cirrus mobile app can be simultaneously used by up to three different users. So others in your family can log in and view live video, timeline events, recorded footage and much more without conflict.
PC and MAC Compatible
Lorex’s Web Client gives you access to your wire-free security system and its settings over the Internet using a PC or Mac computer. With this software, you will be able to view live and recorded video, as well as save manual recordings and snapshots to your computer’s hard drive. The software is available under the downloads section below.
No Monthly Fees
There are absolutely no monthly fees associated with this security system. All video footage is safely stored on the security grade hard drive located within the recorder.
With or Without the Internet
Standalone camera systems do not need the internet to operate. However, an internet connection will be necessary if you wish to use a smartphone, tablet or computer to access features such as remote monitoring.
Connects directly to TVs and Monitors
Easily watch live video feeds or review video footage on most Monitors or HD TVs by using the included HDMI cable.
HD 1080P Resolution 1920 x 1080 pixels
Record and capture all the details, don’t miss out anything. Full HD resolution with accurate color reproduction brings your recorded video to life.
24/7 100% Duty cycle hard drive pre-installed
The hard drives are designed to work in a security environment, including simultaneous recording & playback from various streams.
Wire-Free DVR Features:
- See more detail with full 1080p HD resolution video1
- Recorder supports up to 6 wire-free cameras
- Connect compatible Lorex wire-free cameras wirelessly to the recorder with a simple pairing function
- Selected cameras can be paired seamlessly to recorder within 30 seconds
- Recordings and motion events are easy to review and locally stored
- 1TB storage with up to 1 year of local storage2
- H.264 video compression maximizes video storage and offers more efficient remote connectivity
- Quickly view with simple voice commands (Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant)3
- View connected cameras remotely on the free Lorex Cirrus app with easy connect and setup for iOS, Andriod, Windows, and macOS Devices4
Each LHB927 Includes:
1. HDMI output (1920 x 1080) for high definition multi-channel live viewing only. 1080p recording resolution is limited to a maximum of 1920 x 1080 per channel. Image quality and frame rate are dependent on factors including signal strength, signal obstructions between the camera and the recorder, distance/range, and the number of wireless/wire-free cameras installed in the same environment (maximum 6 recommended).
2. Recording time may vary based on the number of cameras connected, the number of motion events on each camera, whether any cameras are set to continuous recording, recording resolution and quality and the lighting conditions/ level of scene changes in front of the cameras. This estimate is based on 24 daily events, at 10 seconds each, with 4 cameras at 10 fps, and a 1 TB HDD.
3. Controlling certain features in your security system require a compatible smart device. Availability and performance of certain features and services are smart device dependent and may not be available in all areas or networks. For compatibility, features, instructions visit: www.lorex.com/smarthome
4. Accessing your security system remotely requires a high-speed Internet connection. Ensure your recorder has a wired connection to a router (not included). An upload speed of 3.5Mbps is recommended for optimal video performance. Up to 3 devices may connect to the system at the same time. For the latest list of supported apps and devices, please visit www.lorex.com/compatibility
Wire-Free 1080p HD Video Security Camera features:
- Full 1080p HD wire-free video resolution
- Up to 450ft wireless signal range provides many placement options1
- Receive low battery notifications through the Lorex Cirrus™ app (on compatible DVR)2
- DSSS (Direct-Sequence Spread Spectrum) technology greatly reduces conflicts with competing signals
- Don’t pay a professional. Cameras are easy to install by yourself.
- Night vision up to 65ft3
- Weather-resistant (IP66) battery-operated cameras go almost anywhere, indoor or out4
- Built-in PIR camera motion sensor alerts you on the Lorex Cirrus™ app when activity is detected (on compatible DVR).
- Compatible with Solar Panel for Wire-Free Cameras
Each LWB6850 Includes:
1. Maximum wireless transmission range. Actual range dependent upon building materials and other obstructions in the path of the wireless signal.
2. HD Wire-Free cameras are compatible with select Lorex HD Wire-Free DVR recorders. For a full list of compatible recorders, visit lorextechnology.com/compatibility.
3. Stated IR illumination ranges are based on ideal conditions in typical outdoor night time ambient lighting and total darkness. Actual range and image clarity depends on installation location, viewing area and light reflection/absorption level of object.
4. Not intended for submersion in water.
All trademarks belong to their respective owners. No claim is made to the exclusive right to use the trademarks listed, other than the trademarks owned by Lorex Corporation. We reserve the right to change models, configurations or specifications without notice or liability. Product may not be exactly as shown. Images are simulated.
Items are usually
shipped from manufacturer warehouse within 1-4 business day(s). On rare occasions it can take longer if
item is on backorder or sold out.
After shipping, items are usually delivered
within 1-5 business days.
Items may be returned
within 30 days from the date of receipt. Items must be returned in exact
condition it was shipped with all original box, accessories, books, etc. There
may be 15% restocking fee and customer is responsible all shipping cost. We may
refuse to refund any items which are returned damaged or in unsalable
This item includes 1
year manufacturer warranty.