4K Ultra HD Nocturnal IP System featuring an 8 Channel NVR with 4 weatherproof 4K (8MP) IP Cameras
Lorex has you covered – day and night – with this powerful 4K IP security camera system. It includes four bullet security cameras from our Nocturnal product line and an eight-channel, 4K capable Network Video Recorder (NVR). Designed in all-black heavy-duty metal housings, the Nocturnal cameras in this system offer 4K resolution recording, long-range color night vision, extreme weather durability, and much more. Each of these cameras only require a single Ethernet cable to connect them to the NVR, making for an easy and clutter-free installation. Ultimately, a four-camera security system such as this is perfect for a residential home or small business.
Learn the technology that ensures you capture the details you need.
Weatherproof and vandal-resistant exteriors ensure year-round operation
View your security camera system from virtually anywhere in the world
Easy PoE installation and other custom NVR settings to monitor smarter.
4K security cameras
There is a cutting edge 8.51 MP image sensor within each of your Nocturnal security cameras. This sensor is capable of recording in 4K resolution, which will provide you with the best chance to capture the distinct details you require for evidence.
Over 8 million pixels
A 4K resolution security camera contains 4× the amount of pixels as a 1080p security camera. 1080p security cameras, for example, record a pixel ratio of 1920 × 1080 (a total of 2,073,600 pixels). Your cameras, in comparison, are capable of recording a pixel ratio of 3840 x 2160 – that’s a total of 8,294,400 pixels! It is important to note that a 4K television or monitor is not necessary for this system. The additional resolution will simply be there for you should you need to digitally zoom in on distant objects when analyzing footage.
Long range night vision
The Nocturnal security cameras included in this security camera system come with high powered infrared LEDs that allow the night vision range to reach up to 200ft.
Color Night Vision (CNV™)
Nocturnal security cameras can also see color in the dark with the help of ambient lighting. This provides you with a whole new layer of information.
Backlit Sony Exmor R™ CMOS sensor
At the core of each camera is an incredibly sophisticated Sony Exmor R™ image sensor. This sensor uses back illuminated pixel technology for exceptional low-light performance and shields the video from static noise as it coverts the video signal from analog to digital.
Active mechanical lens filter
An Active Mechanical Lens Filter, otherwise known as an IR Cut Filter, prevents UV light and infrared light rays from entering the lens of the camera during the day. This ensures that these types of lights won’t cause any discolorations or distortions of the video. The filter will then automatically disengage at night, allowing the infrared light into the lens.
Real-time 30FPS recording rate
Choose to record your 4K cameras at 15 FPS (frames-per-second) or record at a real-time 30 FPS rate at 2K resolution. Recording at 30 FPS will provide you with exceptionally smooth on-screen movement and provide you with more frames to choose from when cycling through footage.
|Resolution||Frames Per Second (FPS) Per Channel||Pixels Per Frame (PPF)|
1MP | HD 720P
1280 x 720 | (921,600 pixels)
2MP | Full HD 1080P
1920 x 1080 | (2,073,600 pixels)
3MP | Super HD 2K
2048 x 1536 | (3,145,728 pixels)
4MP | Super HD 2K
2688 x 1520 | (4,085,760 pixels)
8MP | Ultra HD 4K
3840 × 2160 | (8,294,400 pixels)
Enhanced security monitoring with HDR
HDR (High Dynamic Range) technology ensures that you capture the most important details, regardless of lighting conditions. Dynamic range is measured as the difference between the brightest point and the darkest point of the video. HDR technology uses this difference to automatically adjust the picture’s brightness, resulting in optimized, highly-detailed security video.
Increased clarity in low-light settings
3D-DNR (Digital Noise Reduction) technology filters out digital noise from low-light scenes, as well as any noise caused by motion. By eliminating graininess, your camera provides a cleaner, more accurate image with better clarity, sharpness, and improved motion detection.
All-weather security camera
Mother Nature is no match for these security cameras. Rated IP67, they can endure anything from torrential downpours to freezing snowstorms. They will even continue to operate in freezing climates as low as -22°F / -30°C. So go ahead and place them where you need them most.
Durable metal camera housing
The housing of your security cameras is built using aerospace-grade aluminum. This ensures that it is rugged enough to last for years and years, even if it is directly exposed to intense weather conditions.
Lorex Secure mobile App
Easily connect this Nocturnal security system to our innovative Lorex Secure app for your mobile devices. Securely view your security cameras from virtually anywhere in the world, keep track of all motion activity with easy-to-read timelines, and receive push notifications for motion-triggered events with the help of this app. You will also be able to turn a camera on and off anytime you wish (a first for NVR security systems) using the new privacy feature.
RapidRecap® – see the entire day in a minute
RapidRecap® videos quickly compile up to 12 hours worth of activity into a short video summary. Watch as all motion events are superimposed onto your screen simultaneously with accurate timestamping to tell you what happened and when. This feature can be found in the timeline section of the FLIR Secure mobile app.
Lorex Cloud subscriptions
This security camera system comes with a free Lorex Cloud Basic plan. It includes limited cloud storage, cloud history, and RapidRecap videos for one camera (defaulted to channel 1). Upgrade this plan to a Lorex Cloud Premium planfor 30 days of cloud history, unlimited cloud storage, and unlimited RapidRecap videos.
Installation and Customization
Easy PoE installation
This 4K security camera system will be up and running in no time thanks to Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) technology. Each security camera only needs a single Cat5e ethernet cable to connect it to the NVR. This cable provides video transmission, power to the camera, a stable network connection, and installation flexibility up to 300ft (as the camera does not need to be plugged into a nearby power source).
Security Camera Systems
NVR systems include a Network Video Recorder (NVR) and HD digital IP security cameras. This type of technology uses Cat5e ethernet cables.
NVR systems feature HD recording, remote viewing, and motion notifications.
HD IP NVR Systems
- Higher resolutions (2K / 4K) and frame rate
- Power-over-Ethernet connectivity powers cameras through the NVR
- Up to 32 available channels
- Secondary hard drive slot available
Security-grade hard drive
Your NVR comes with a hefty 2TB security grade hard drive. This hard drive is designed for security purposes and can continuously record footage without a break.
Continuous, scheduled, and motion recording options
Record footage continuously, during scheduled times or when movement is detected. These recording modes can be customized with each camera as well, which means that you can program cameras in higher activity areas to record constantly while cameras in lower activity areas can be set up to record only on motion events or during the night.
The cameras and NVR included in this bundle both use HEVC compression technology. HEVC stands for High Efficiency Video Compression (also known as H.265 or MPEG-H Part 2), and is used to compress video file sizes without any noticeable difference in quality. This lets you keep the 4K footage without the 4K file sizes.
Regional motion zones
Use your NVR to program each camera with up to four different motion zones. These zones can be customized to adjust both the sensitivity (the amount of movement required to register that movement) and threshold (how much movement is required before creating a motion “event”) settings.
In some cases, there will be areas inside the camera’s field of view that you simply do not want recorded. Thankfully, you can use your NVR to literally mask out these sections by drawing a square or rectangle over these areas.
Automatic Firmware updates
The NR900 Series NVR included in this security system is designed to automatically update its firmware (internet connection required). These updates will continually ensure that your system is up-to-date and protected from any new vulnerabilities.
With or Without the Internet
Standalone camera systems do not need the internet to operate. However, an internet connection will be necessary if you wish to use a smartphone, tablet or computer to access features such as remote monitoring.
Connects directly to TVs and Monitors
Easily watch live video feeds or review video footage on most Monitors or HD TVs by using the included HDMI cable.
NVR Network Video Recorder
Security NVRs will connect to IP cameras using CAT5 network cables and will store pre-compressed video footage from IP cameras.
4K Ultra HD Resolution (4×1080p Full HD)
4K resolution offers four times the resolution of 1080p with approximately 4000 horizontal pixels, provides the maximum level of detail and clarity available.
24/7 100% Duty cycle hard drive pre-installed
The hard drives are designed to work in a security environment, including simultaneous recording & playback from various streams.
Lorex Cloud Connection and Apps
Lorex Cloud will help simplify and organize your life by keeping track of all your security cameras from anywhere in the world on any iPhone®, iPad® or Android® devices.
ONVIF is an open standard protocol for IP Network Cameras to communicate easily with Network Video Recorder (NVR) devices.
8 channel, 4K ultra HD network video recorder:
- Real-time recording up to 8MP on all channels – 4× the detail of 1080p
- Supports industry-leading 4K recording 1
- 8/16 built in PoE (Power over Ethernet) ports providing video and power over a single Ethernet cable
- RapidRecap® – see the day in a minute with hours of activity compiled into a short video summary
- Lorex Secure™ apps for live viewing, playback, video recording & snapshots (iPhone® / iPad® / Android™) 2
- PC and Mac compatible – FLIR Cloud™ video management software gives you complete control over your security system from anywhere 2
- 24/7 security-grade pre-installed hard drive 3
- Expandable high capacity storage up to 16TB (2×8TB HDD)
- Automatically detects compatible IP cameras in the network 4
- 4K video output – view multiple HD channels at once in full resolution on a 4K TV
- H.265 / H.264 video compression offers reduced file size and improved network performance for remote viewing 3
- Mirror hard drive recording – secure your recordings by backing up footage to an internal hard drive at the same time as recording to the primary hard drive 5
- Pentaplex Operation – view, record, playback, back up & remotely control the system simultaneously
- Click-and-drag digital zoom in live view and playback
- Convenient front panel button controls
- Accurate time stamps with NTP & daylight savings time
- Instant backup of live video to a USB flash drive
- Automatic firmware upgrade over the Internet ensures your system is secure and up-to-date 6
- Push notifications of motion events
- Instant email alerts with snapshot attachment
- Multi-streaming to conserve bandwidth
- Continuous, scheduled, and motion recording
- Dual video outputs (HDMI and VGA) to connect multiple monitors
- HDMI cable included for simple connection to HD amp; 4K TVs
Each NR9082X Includes:
2. Requires a high speed internet connection and a router (not included). A minimum upload speed of 3.5Mbps is required for the best video performance. Up to 3 devices may connect to the system at the same time. For the latest list of supported apps and devices, please visit www.lorextechnology.com/support
3. Recording time may vary based on recording resolution & quality, lighting conditions and movement in the scene.
4. Compatible with Lorex PoE HD IP cameras only. For a list of compatible cameras, please visit www.lorextechnology.com/support
5. Mirror recording requires a second hard drive (not included) to be installed in the NVR. Mirrored hard drive must be as large or larger than the primary hard drive to backup all recordings. Backup begins from when the mirrored hard drive is installed and configured.
6. Both firmware and software must be updated to latest version to ensure remote connectivity. Firmware updates are pushed to the NVR automatically over the Internet (available at www.lorextechnology.com). Always update to the latest software after upgrading the NVR firmware.
4K Ultra HD IR Bullet IP Camera Features:
- Ultra HD 4K image sensor delivers 4× the detail of 1080p1
- 4K video recording provides ultra HD quality even when zoomed, offering clearer identification in video evidence
- Color Night Vision™ delivers full color nighttime video for improved recognition of objects in low light conditions2
- IR night vision range up to 200ft (60m) in ambient lighting3
- ClearNight imaging for improved low light performance and improved recording efficiency
- H.265 offers significant bandwidth and video storage savings over older compression technologies, extending the amount of video stored on the hard drive4
- Intelligent compression saves recording space by optimizing video performance based on available bandwidth
- Wide angle 120° field of view (horizontal)
- Ceiling / wall mountable
- Simple camera installation using a single CAT5e cable with Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- 100ft (30m) CAT5e cable included per camera
- Extend the camera’s video and power with a single Ethernet cable up to 300ft (91m) from the recorder
- Single–screw bracket adjustment for faster installation
- Cold climate capability (-22°F / -30°C)
- Weatherproof metal housing for outdoor & indoor installation (IP67 Rated)5
|Effective pixel area||2688(H)x1520 (V)||IR LED quantity||10pcs|
|IR LED viewing angle||10 x 120°||Camera FOV (H / V / D)||H:120° V:58°|
|Imaging Device||4mp, 1/3 Inch||Effective Pixels||2688(H)x1520 (V)|
|Imager Type||CMOS||Image Readout||Progressive Scan|
|Day/Night||Auto(ICR)/Color/B/W||Field of View (H)||H:120°|
|IR Illumination||30m||Video Output||RJ45|
|Electronic Shutter Range||Auto/Manual, 1/3(4)~1/10000s||Lens Type||Fixed|
|Lens Mount||Board-in Type||Iris Type||Fixed|
|Video Compression||Super H.265/Super H.264/H.265/H.264H/MJPEG||Aspect Ratio||16 : 9|
|Frame rates (Maximum)||4M @ 30fps||Dynamic Range||100dB|
|Noise Reduction||3D||Digital Zoom||16x|
|Camera Body Material||Aluminum Alloy||Power Input||DC12V,PoE|
|Power over Ethernet||PoE (802.3af)||Power Consumption (Max)||4.5W|
|Storage Temperature||-30°C~+60°C||Operating Humidity||Less then 95% RH|
|Operating Temperature||-22°C~+60°C||Cold Start Temperature||-30°C|
Each LNB8921BW Includes:
2. Full color nighttime video typically switches to black & white IR night vision below 1 lux to ensure optimal low-light image quality.
3. Stated IR illumination range is based on ideal conditions in typical outdoor night time ambient lighting and in total darkness. Actual range and image clarity depends on installation location, viewing area, and light reflection / absorption level of object. In low light, the camera will switch to black and white.
4. You must connect the camera to a supporting H.265 NVR to take advantage of H.265 compression. For instructions on enabling H.265 compression, visit lorextechnology.com/support
5. Not intended for submersion in water. Installation in a sheltered location recommended.